17 May 2011

Top 10(ish) Favorite Movies…

 

So.  This font is called Sylfaen…and I’m not sure how it’s pronounced.  Sil-fay-en?  Seal-fen?  Seal-fay-en?  Sil-fen?  Sil-fain?  Probably sil-fain.  But that’s not the point.  The point is that I’m using Sylfaen. However you pronounce it.  And it’s a pretty basic font.  You know, I don’t understand how some of these fonts are different. I mean this font is almost exactly like Times New Roman But just a little more…spread out. And at least I can pronounce Times New Roman.  Which is actually a funny name for a font.  I mean, it doesn’t even make sense. Is it like Times: New Roman?  Or Times New: Roman.  Or is it just meant to be three separate words: Times, New, Roman! Like Lights, Camera, Action!  I don’t get it.  Will someone care to explain?

I go off on rants way too much.

On to the blog!

So, I did a top 10 already with my top 10 favorite foods.

So, this is almost like a sequel.

And I can’t say that it’s my top 10 favorite movies, because in some areas they’re grouped together or tied.  So it’s more like 10ish.  But it still counts as 10 because there are ten slots that they fit into.

So. Here we go!

I think I’ll give a picture of the movie cover and a description about what the movie is about. And these are kind of in order…but not necessarily…

I’m going to work backwards too by the way!

#10: Zombieland

This movie is awesome. Haha, it tends to be one of the movies most guys rave and rant about…but I personally thought it was awesome. Haha I love Zombie movies and this one in particular makes me laugh every time. It’s awesome.

Best part: When they’re at Bill Murray’s house XD

Best quote: “Nut up or shut up”

 

#9:  The Legend of Billie Jean

This 80’s movie I just find completely amazing. Not only because the theme song is one sung by Pat Benatar (although that’s what made me want to watch the movie to begin with). But I love Billie Jean! Her character is completely badass.  She’s hardcore and just wants justice. Plus, she cut off all her hair to rebel. Like Joan of Arc.  Come on. She rocks.

Best part: After she’s cut her hair and is defending herself on camera. It’s an epic speech.

Best quote: “Fair is fair”

 

#8:  Streets of Fire

This is another 80’s movie that just totally gets me! My dad was the one who told me about this particular movie, and although it’s not one that’s well known, it’s awesome! The story takes place in another time period…and place that is a little confusing to place, but it’s so cool. And one of my favorite songs is in it.

Best part: When Ellen runs out in the rain to talk to Tom and he just grabs her and kisses her in the rain. It’s amazingly hot.

Best quote: (Like on the movie title and the name of the song that I love) “Tonight is What It Means To Be Young”

#7: The Lion King

The Lion King. The fucking Lion King. Come on…it’s self explanatory! It’s a classic movie from my childhood that I still love and watch to this day.  I sing all the songs and know almost all the words.  It’s awesome! I love Disney movies…they are the shit. You can’t deny it.

Best part: Rafiki hits Simba on the head to try and teach him a lesson about the past. It’s an awesome lesson and I love Rafiki for this part.

Best quote: “Hakuna matata”

#6: Dirty Dancing

 

…As you can tell, I LOVE 80’s movies. It was an awesome time period in so many ways (Nathan always listens to me rave about how much I love it) and this is a movie that defines awesomeness.  It’s hot and awesome and has like a million different lessons that can be learned. Plus, Patrick Swayze is super sexy in it. Mmmm…

Best part: The song Hungry Eyes is playing and she’s learning how to dance.

Best quote: …it’s not ‘nobody puts baby in a corner’.  Because that’s lame. It’s not even a major part or anything and I don’t know why it’s such a big deal. I mean, yeah it’s cool and everything, but it’s not a major part. Anyways…my favorite quote in this movie is “Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you.”

#5: Phantom of the Opera

Okay. I talked about this breifly in my last blog…but damn. This movie/play is amazing!! Completely amazing! Mmm. I love the Phantom. I would totally marry him and have his babies. So his face is a little deformed. Oh well no one’s perfect. He’s still pretty hot. And his personality is still kind at heart. He just…had people issues. And I don’t blame him. I totally sympathize/empathize with him. Which is why I think I love him more.

Best part: I like the intimate parts between Christine and the Phantom. Especially when she kisses him towards the end.

Best quote: “Love me, that’s all I ask of you”…or “The Phantom of the Opera is there, inside my mind” I like the first one because it’s sweet, and the second one because he is inside my mind XD.  …I’m kind of obsessed.

 

#4: The Time Traveler’s Wife

Oh my…this is probably one of the best chick flicks ever made. I swear I like every genre of movie.  It’s so amazing…the chemistry between Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana is incredible.  And her love for him…it’s so sweet. It’s the kind of love I want to have. She goes through a lot with him. And she loves him no matter what. Damn. It’s a powerful movie. And one to always make me cry.

Best part: Okay…there are a lot of amazing parts in this movie. But if I had to pick my favorite part, I’d probably pick the whole wedding day scene. From the beginning of the day until after he returns from time traveling the second time and she’s in the hotel asleep. It’s so cute.

Best quote: “I wouldn't change one second of our life together.”

#3: Up/ Cars/ WALL-E

 

I do, in fact, have justification for making these listed as one position on my top 10 chart. What’s the thing in common? They’re all Pixar. That’s my only reason. Haha and if you don’t count it as a good enough reason…go suck it. Actually, 99% of Pixar’s movies I find amazing. Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, TOY STORY!…they all rock. Meh..I didn’t like Ratatouille very much…but that’s just me. I’m not a fan of French. Even though Phantom takes place in France…

Anyways…Okay. I’m not sure how I’m going to summarize this since there are three movies in this place. I’ll just do it this way.

UP: It’s cute…I cried within the first ten minutes of the movie but it was worth it. It’s so cute. And I love, love, LOVE Dug! …so does Nathan. Trust me…Nathan loves this movie I think more than I do. He constantly quotes it. And he gets put in the cone of shame a lot.  Anyways…awesome, cute, imaginative movie.  I think I like it because it reminds me of Nathan…the bond between Carl and his wife…it’s so sweet. Anyways…

Best part:  The beginning.

Best quote: “I do not like the cone of shame”

Cars: I’ve loved this movie from the beginning. My favorite character is Mater! He’s just adorably precious! I never get tired of watching it. I don’t know what to say about it which is surprising since I love it so much. I don’t know the story line is cool and the fact that Lightning changes in the end is precious. And there’s a second movie coming out! I’m excited!!

Best part: Tractor tippin’!

Best quote: …I love Mater. I like all his quotes. Like when he first meets Lightning and he’s surprised Mater doesn’t know his name. Mater says “No, uh... no, I know your name. Is your name Mater too?”

But looking up quotes in this movie, one of my favorites is “Fly away Stanley. Be free!” ..Filmore the hippie van said it haha

WALL-E: …If this robot were human, I’d totally marry him. What a devoted sweetheart! When he met Eve and she shut down, he was by her side no matter what. It’s so sweet! A robot’s unconditional love…Ahhh. It’s such a good movie, and another one that had a bazillion lessons to take from it.

Best part: I really like the part where he takes Eve to his house and is showing her everything. And I find it hilarious when she tries to dance and wrecks parts of his house XD

Best quote: “Eeeeeeeva”

#2: Scott Pilgrim VS The World

…okay. So I never knew on the cover it said “An epic of epic epicness.” I think it’s amazing. Like…completely amazing. It makes me love the movie even more. This movie is awesome. It’s set up like a video game and it’s just…fantastically done. I love every second of it. Extremely hilarious XD My favorite character is Wallace. He’s so funny and awesome.

Best part: I don’t know. I really don’t know. I just think the whole movie is awesome.

Best quote: “We are Sex Bob-Omb and we are here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!”

…or “It’s time to break out the L-word” “Lesbian?” “The other L-word” “Lesbians"?”

#1: The Stand/ The Shawshank Redemption

So. Both Stephen King movies. Both fucking amazing.  Wow.

The Stand: In short, it’s about the world ending. And good and evil. I don’t really feel like writing out a whole synopsis. This miniseries is a good 6 hours long, but it’s entirely worth it. Wow. I love Larry…and Stu…hehe.

Best part: Wow…I love a lot of parts!! It’s so long too so there is a lot of awesome parts =3 But yeah. If I had to pick a favorite part…I’d probably say. Meh. I can’t pick. Don’t make me!

Best quote: “M-O-O-N, that spells Tom Cullen”

The Shawshank Redemption: This is one of Nathan’s favorite movies too. Anyways, it’s such a good movie. Like…it has everything in it. And unlike a lot of Stephen King things it has a happy ending. And it has Morgan Freeman in it so it has to be good.

Best part: When Andy breaks out. Duh.

Best quote: ..the one at the end of the movie. Where Red is telling the Parole board why he should get parole. It’s awesome.

 

So..there you have it. A list of my Top 10ish favorite movies of all time. They’re all so good, so if you haven’t seen them, go watch them. Even if you don’t like the genre that they’re part of.

No comments: