02 April 2011

My Love Affair

 

So! The font I’m using for this blog post is called Nyala. I like the name because if you take out the ‘y’ then it’s Nala.  And I like Nala.  Actually, I’m kind of jealous of her.  Because she gets Simba. And if I were a lion, I would totally tap that.  Simba’s awesome.  And he’s got Matthew Broderick voicing him. And he’s actually pretty sexy sometimes too. And has a nice voice. And, as a kid, he was Jonathan Taylor Thomas. Who I have been in love with for a long, long, long time. So you combine the three things and you get the most awesome person ever. The Lion King was my favorite movie when I was younger (and is still way way way up there for me even today) so yeah.  This tangent is justified.  Plus, Simba is sexy lion-y beast.  Not literally a beast though, but figuratively.  

Speaking of literally, I hate when people use that word.  “I literally just died laughing.” Uhm…no you didn’t? Otherwise you wouldn’t be able to tell everyone that.  Or “I literally just thought that.”  Oh…did ya now? Well, how can you figuratively think that?  Or one that I had seen recently.  “I’m literally just done with everything and everyone.”  Well…in that case, no more facebook or Twitter or myspace or talking to anyone.  So basically they’re becoming a recluse. ‘Literally’. Hah.  Yeah it just gets on my nerves. 

On the other hand, I love the term legit.  Except when a specific unnamed specimen uses it.  He just ruins the word.  Well, he ruins anything in general whenever he talks about it in a favorable way.  Ugh what an annoying human being!  But I don’t talk down about people…just him.  I’m non-judgmental to everyone.  Except him.  I judge judge judge! Just him.

But yeah legit=good,  literally=bad.

And before I blog about ‘My Love Affair’, let me just make a comment about Windows Live Writer.  It’s a great tool to use when you want to post blogs, but at the same time, when you want to edit the blogs, it sometimes becomes a bitch and a real hassle to do.  You can view it but whenever you try to change the font size or whatever, it just doesn’t work out.  And that makes things difficult if you find a mistake later or want to update it.  Which, ya know, sucks ass.  But I try to deal with it.  And then! Of course on the site you can edit the post, but the spacing and font type and all that shit gets fucked up and then you’re doubly fucked.

 

Now, on to my blog topic.

For a few years now, I’ve been completely in love with the greatest human being to every walk the earth.  And this, my friends, would be none other than Tom Petty. 

Yes, yes, I’m only seventeen and he’s like…well, a lot older than that.  But age doesn’t always matter!  Plus, he’s sexy.  And talented.  Come on have you HEARD his songs?? They’re completely and utterly amazing,  How could you not love and worship this guy?  Well, most people wouldn’t.  But I do.  I appreciate him. 

And for some reason I just think he’s hot.  But then again, I even think Stephen King is hot, so don’t always go by what I say haha.  But yeah take a look at Tom Petty in his hay-day. 

  See? Totally yummy.  I’ll show you another one.

 Hehe.  Come on…he just looks completely sexy!

Even now he looks pretty damn good..

  Mmmm. That smile makes me weak at the knees.

Not gonna lie, I would totally ditch my boyfriend to bone Mr. Tom Petty.  Yum!  Okay I’ll stop ranting about his sexyness. But come on! He totally is…

Or, like most of my friends believe, I’m just a weirdo.  Which is a valid thought, but I don’t care.  More Tom Petty lovin’ for me!

 

So what’s so great about him?  Well, besides his obvious good looks, have you HEARD his music? I mean, come on, even my younger generation has to have heard a Tom Petty song one way or the other.  Even if they didn’t know it was him.  It’s just…impossible not to have! He’s everywhere.  And most of his songs, I believe, are iconic.  I own…190 of his songs.  I haven’t got any from his last album Mojo, but that’s because I wanted to buy the album itself instead of downloading the songs off the internet.  I’m stubborn when it comes to Tom Petty and Taylor Swift.  I want their albums! Everyone else…meh. I’ll download every other artist’s stuff off the internet.  It’s just the way I am.

Still aren’t convinced?  Well, I’ll show you a few of his songs that are damn-near impossible to hate.  Take American Girl for example:

Or how about Free Fallin’:

Or I Won’t Back Down:

Or Wildflowers:

 

Or—okay you get the picture.  Just go to YouTube and type in Tom Petty.  Here, I’ll do it for you.  Here’s the link: Tom Petty YouTube Videos  Check them out.  He’s got a lot of great ones.

 

And honestly, I don’t know how I started to love him so much, I guess it might have been because of Scrubs.  You know, the TV show? JD? Turk? Yeah, good show.  Well, I think this may be the scene that started to spark my true interest of Tom Petty a few years ago:

That song play is American Girl if you didn’t get that.

Well, regardless of what started my love affair of him, it’s only blossomed more as the years go by.  And I hope that I can go to one of his concerts before something happens to him.  Or me.  I mean, if I got to go to his concert or just simply meet the man, my life would be complete. 

I honestly think he is the greatest thing to happen to humanity.  His music is influential and inspiring and amazing, and even though some things are fads, to me, he is one thing that I am going to love years to come.

And even though my boyfriend might end up being completely and utterly jealous over my love affair, he’s going to have to deal with it.  I can’t help it.  Tom is just so dreamy…hehe.

I might rant more about him later on in blogs, so be aware of this (= Oh…and I did mention him in a previous blog of mine (Barney’s Adventures) one of the people Barney met was Tom Petty.  Oh, you didn’t read that blog? Have no fear! Just go here!  Barney's Adventures Blog

Okay, that’s all for now.  Keep checking my blog for more updates.  My senior project is done so I have a lot more free time.  At least mentally…probably not in reality (=

No comments: