19 January 2012

Rants

So, right now, I might be dying.
Nathan says it’s not technically me dying unless I actually am dying, but my throat hurts so badly at the moment that I think I might just die.  I can’t get to a doctor though because it’s snowing, the school clinic is closed, and I’m on the other side of the country from my doctor.  So in essence, I am going to die.

There have been a few things that I have wanted to write about, but haven’t really had the energy to write about until now. 

The first thing is that I can’t stand people who don’t do anything to help themselves.  For example, there is a girl in my building who is bigger than I am, and when told that the elevators were out of order, she got another girl to go down and get her laundry for her.  Look, I’m not dissing her because she’s a big girl (I’m pretty big myself) but honestly, if I did laundry, I’d walk down the flights of steps to go and get my own damn laundry, instead of making someone else do it for me.  By not doing it yourself, you’re not helping yourself any, and I have no pity for you.  If someone would ever ask me to do something for them simply because they were lazy, I’d tell them no right off the bat.  Go do things yourself.  You’re in college now, get some damn independence! Learn to do shit yourself, even in difficult situations.  What are you going to do in life if you can’t figure out how to do things yourself now?

Another rant I have is about how friendships can end up changing.  A few blogs ago…I don’t know how many exactly…I had mentioned my best friend in it and how our friendship ended.  Or something to that effect.
Over break, she forgave me and we became friends again.  But our friendship isn’t the same now.  She used to be the girl I could tell anything and everything to, and now I have to constantly bite my tongue and hold myself back from saying what I really want to say, just so I can keep our friendship together.  And I hate it.  Usually the things involve her boyfriend, because I still hate him and think she could do a million percent better than him, but I bite my tongue and keep my mouth shut.  It sucks, but I’m proud of myself for having kept my cool as long as I have.  I go and vent to Nathan about my true feelings after I’m done talking to my friend.  And that’s what makes Nathan my true best friend; I tell him anything and everything and he deals with it.  I really love him for it.

While I’m talking about friendships changing, there’s another friendship that has changed, and I’m sad it has.  I’ve had the same girl best friend since I was in 8th grade.  Everything was fine with us, and we talked all the time.  Then she moved to Arizona, got a job, got a boyfriend, and now I’m out of the picture.  She says we’re still friends and she’s just super busy all the time, but the thing is, I’m busy too, and I still find time to talk to people online.  I feel as though she just doesn’t care about me anymore, and I don’t mean enough to her to actually have her talk to me and stuff anymore.  I was going to try and find a way to go visit her in Arizona over spring break, but I think I would be wasting my time and money.  I would be going to simply try and rekindle our friendship, but if I feel as though she isn’t making an effort now, then why should I attempt to make an effort?  I’ve been trying to make an effort for over a year now, and sometimes you have to know when to give up.  And I hate it, because I still consider her my best friend…but it isn’t the same anymore.

Y’know, I’m an amazing friend.  I know it sounds really narcissistic and like I’m full of myself, but it’s true.  I am an amazing friend.  That’s why on facebook and myspace my url was goodfriendtiltheend.  But I can only be a good friend if the people I’m friends with show me the same courtesy.  And I’ve found that most of the time, that doesn’t happen.  I try my hardest to be the best person I can.  I always make myself available to talk to via phone/texting, and I’m always there for the person.  It just makes me sad that I am a good person, and sometimes it really isn’t reciprocated.  Okay, enough about friends.

Okay.  So I don’t understand why guys are so fucking disgusting.  Nathan lives on the 9th floor of our dorm room, I live technically on the 7th, but usually I don’t want to take the stairs/elevator down 2 flights just to use the bathroom…and sometimes I have to pee so badly that I can’t make it down that far to use the bathroom.  I resort to using the bathroom on the guy’s floor (After Nathan goes and makes sure no one is in there).  I regret it pretty much every time I go in there.  It is positively disgusting.  Do guys NOT know how to flush a freakin’ toilet?  Is it really that difficult to push down a little handle?  I don’t think so.  I also don’t think it’s such a hassle to wash your hands.  Not only does it get pee residue (or OTHER residues) off your hands, but it also helps to keep you from getting sick.  A number of times I have also gone in there to find that most (if not all) of the toilets are clogged.  Do you need to use a whole roll of toilet paper to get your ass clean?  I don’t even use much and my ass is bigger than *most* of the people on this floor.  It’s ridiculous.  I’ve found that it occurs in the girl’s bathroom as well, but it is a much more common occurrence in the guy’s bathroom than the girls.

Speaking of guys, let me rant about Nathan’s neighbor for a little.  He is an annoying fucking ass, and so is his stupid, loud, obnoxious, stoner friends.  They’re always loud.  Like, seriously.  There is a rule in the dorm that quiet hours are at 10 pm until 7 am.  His neighbor plays guitar/talks to his friends until 1 am.  On a regular basis.  I didn’t use to be such a giant grouch, but apparently when I can’t sleep, I get extremely angry and want to kill anyone/everyone in the vicinity.  Usually I end up wanting to kill Nathan, but that’s because he snores super loud in his sleep sometimes.  And who could blame me for wanting to smother him over that?  But at the moment I am sick, and just want to get some rest, and his neighbors are fucking loud and obnoxious so late at night, and I can’t sleep.  So I end up thinking up ways to kill them.  I mean, that’s normal, right?  One of these days I think I might snap…and it will be frightening.

I know that this blog is just a bunch of giant-ass paragraphs and that’ll get boring to read, so if you’re with me thus far, then maybe you’ll be willing to go a little farther (Yes, I kind of took that from Shawshank)

And by that, I mean, maybe you’ll let me humor you by posting extremely random pictures I find on the internet on here.  Deal?  Okay, deal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

image

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ehhh I got bored. And surprisingly, I get bored extremely easily. So that’s why you only have 5 wonderful pictures to look at. If you want more though, let me know and I’ll come up with a completely random blog with a bunch of pictures that make no sense and have nothing to do with each other.

No comments: